Swaru’s post last Tuesday is the inspiration behind this post!
So many people have crossed my life at various times, giving me brief lessons, moments to ponder, values to cherish, bonds of friendship and sometimes a touch of love! I want to write about those people; this was my first choice for this post.
I then wanted to try a new perspective to this thought, where the presence of certain people changed me a lot. And hence I thought of writing those moments in life, which helped me in realizing and understanding the worth of those people in my life!
1. In all my life, if I have to point to the most precious moment for which I am grateful, its when I became a mother. Nothing can match in intensity to the overwhelming emotion I feel even today, thinking about being a mother.
2. Those moments when appa let me learn the value of freedom or being independent along with the responsibility that comes with it, are very special. It helps me to think better while staying grounded and also to instill similar values in my girls. This needs a mention especially for the fact that appa didn’t contain himself within the strict rules and regulations of the religious circle, which surrounded him.
3. There have been many moments that helped me to understand that owning jewelry or a house or a car and such materialistic things do not matter in the long journey of life and the only thing that matters is love, kindness, and understanding. This understanding has made me into a better person and I am very grateful for those moments of learning.
4. If there has been a lucky streak in my life, its the thing that I always get awesome teachers/gurus, who guide me in my destined path with just a gentle prodding and smile. Those moments when the teachers brought out the best in me, is something to cherish and be amazed too (for they saw those potentials in me what I couldn’t see myself).
5. Those moments in amma’s life where she silently smiled, offered help voluntarily, gracefully accepted life’s situations and questioned no one are moments of learning for me.
6. Sometimes God sends angels in human form. For me, my daughters are my angels, for they not only stand by me during all my moments of happiness and otherwise, but they are also my cheerleaders, my staunch supporters and such darlings to hold close and cherish. Every moment that I have spent with them and all those moments I will be spending with them are moments for which I am grateful always.
7. I have always been a person who follows my heart. Even though the mind tries to play logical roles, it is the heart that wins always. And for all those moments I have done following my heart, like this space of mine – my blog, the many times I have tried my hand at art, I am very grateful that I did it.
8. I am this kind of person that when things don’t work out in my way, it stresses me a lot. But I have default coping mechanisms. It is a fact that I love my coping mechanisms which help me to heal from the stress then and there and not carry it forward. Those moments where I heal by cooking, washing clothes or folding them, cleaning, coloring, meditating are my precious moments with myself where I heal to be a better person. I am very grateful that I could find those moments in my life!
9. Those moments when nature presents itself in all its glory for me to smile, visually treat myself to the beauty of flowers, sunrise, sunset, birds flying towards home, enjoy the small pleasures of staring at changing cloud patterns, allowing the waves at the beach to caress my feet are the best moments life has presented to me.
10. This comes last, as always, for sometimes we take those precious people for granted. The friendship bonds are lifelong and so precious. Those moments of friendship, today from a friend in person, tomorrow from a virtual friend and sometimes from a long lost friend from childhood, are moments for which I am eternally grateful!