The leftover of yesterday’s Idlies were made into an awesome Idly Upma / Idly Usili. The Idlies in some form seem to rule the breakfast table in my home. 😉
After drooling on Idly + Sambar + Chutney combo yesterday, it’s the turn for you all to drool over this amazingly simple yet delicious Idly Upma. 🙂
– Refrigerate the left-over Idlies overnight. It helps in crumbling them better.
– Crumble the idlies well.
– Put oil in a pan, tadka with mustard, broken urid dhal, green chillies and curry leaves.
– Add one onion, finely cut. Put in a pinch of haldi (turmeric powder).
– Fry well.
– Add the crumbled idlies and mix well.
– I usually reduce the green chillies and add our favorite Idly Milagai Podi, for more flavor.
– Squeeze half a lemon and garnish with coriander leaves.
There you go, the easy recipe to a delicious breakfast. 🙂
Now, now, drool some more…
So, do you do this at home ????