– Me and S were on our honeymoon trip. And S was daring me to do skiing or driving through the sleigh. Already, I was chattering in the cold, with 2 sweaters and a fur coat and didn’t feel like trying anything. But on his insistence, I went on the snow slide – a slide created on the mountain. Mind you, with nothing to hold and the snow like a sheet of slippery ice, I slid down at super fast speed only to hit the ppl standing near the base. OOPS !!! I felt embarrassed to the core, while I saw him on top of the other slide, laughing to his heart’s content.
So, I refused to join in, when he sighted the snow sleigh. And mind you, this is being pushed from the top to bottom, by one person, at mind-boggling speed. And it’s not a straight line slide. He goes like a meander and you’ll be left dizzy. But again, the thrill I saw on people’s faces, after this ride, made me do it. And My God, the best ride of my life, super speed and so much fun.
Altogether, a moment of crazy fun !!!
– This happened during our visit to KL. We had lunch at a restaurant in KL – the moment I entered the restaurant I knew that something was wrong. Something fishy…yeah fish oil for cooking. But, not being aware of such a thing then, I happily hogged on food. Then, when we sat in the car, for our ride to Genting, the trouble started. At every turn of the car, my stomach would feel like a fish is swimming inside and hitting on the sides, due to lack of space. OMG !!! It was traumatic to control the urge to puke. The battle against the sane mind and the fish was lost, when I puked all over myself, with no paper or plastic bag to protect me from the embarrassment !!! I thought I’ll go mad, as I have troubled the whole family travelling with me.
After reaching the fairyland called Genting, all became well. And I played at the Casino, like a mad woman – may be to make up for all those mad moments in the car !! But again, I lost a lot and won a few. Thankfully, got back the money I put in first. Mad moments from a fun trip.
– This was in the small town of Trichy, when we stayed there for some time. I had a few North-Indian friends and we badly wanted to go to a Hindi movie. In a totally Tamil town like Trichy, Hindi movies were a rarity. And the right time came, when Lagaan was released. So, our group of 10 members went for the night show of that movie. S was touring and so, I took my girls with me to enjoy myself totally. After some 30 mins or so, the girls just fell asleep, as it was much beyond their sleeping time, but they slept throughout the movie, in spite of the loud acoustics.
Now, me being the patriotic Indian, I got worked up so much, that I started shouting words of encouragement at every run Bhuvan’s team made. My friends saw this crazy side of me and they too got inspired by the mad woman shouting at Bhuvan. Not only that, they too started shouting with me. By the time the match got over, I was literally standing and shouting “Bhuvan, Bhuvan”, like a mad woman. And came back home well past mid-night – it was quite a long movie and found that I had left my voice box in the theatre itself.
– Me and dancing form the two poles of this Earth. We are so much away, but we attract each other. So, even though I love dancing, I’ve never even tried my hand (or legs) at it !!!
So, when we had this Diwali Milan in our apartment, everyone got dressed up for the dance that was sure to be so much fun. And I just joined in a group, out of pure compulsion. There were other women who were very good dancers, and I started following their steps and I really started enjoying myself.
What I didn’t expect was that S also joined in the dance, being forced by his friends. Slowly, everyone started to dance in pairs. Seeing this, I slowly started moving away from the crowd, scared to dance with S, in front of everyone.
But, they found me, dragged me in and so it started slowly and shyly. But, I got so much into the music – madly dancing with S, that we were not allowing other pairs to come and dance. My God, certainly one of my moments of madness !!! I don’t think I can ever do it again.
– I was scared shit of water – Of course, this was before I went for the swimming classes – Now, I am a pro. So, when I went for my swimming classes for the first time, I held on to that rod and stayed put near the steps for two full days, refusing to move, thinking that I’ll drown in a depth of 3 feet. I was mad. And slowly, when I learnt the technique to float or put my head into water, I’ll come out sputtering water from my nose and mouth !!! Silly me, I tried to breathe normally in water. LOL !!! And when the coach left me for a second, I’ll go heads down into the pool !!! Now, when I think of those mad moments, trying to learn swimming, I am laughing at myself.
So, now you know more about my madness too !!! Don’t laugh at me, when we meet, OK !!! 😉
I prefer the Raglan Women’s T-shirt with the Wings of Bird, the perfect thing for me. 🙂