I was this naïve blogger, once upon a time, where I was not aware of the Blog adda or the Indiblogger or any such blogger communities. When I started blogging, I used to write 10-line posts, because I felt long posts are boring.
Then, slowly and surely, when I started getting some readership and when I started reading other blogs, I came to know a lot about blogs, the communities and of course, made a lot of friends. And sure enough, those wonderfully designed blogs, the looong posts, the readership that blog got and the number of mind-boggling comments, certainly had a great influence on me and I too wished many a things, for my blog.
That was the time, I registered with Blog adda and Indiblogger !! And I was so thrilled to get my blog-rank !!! Then, I became curious about the Alexa Rank, Google Rank and did a great many research on all those things. Then, when all this went above my head to comprehend, I just left it.
Generally, I prepare a draft, when a thought or an idea, strikes me. And the day I wish to publish a post, I choose from my many drafts, edit it, add pics and all. So, by the time I publish, it will be nearing noon time, in India.
Then one day, purely by coincidence, I just tried with the Schedule option for Publishing posts. So, to use that option, I scheduled my post for publishing, on the next day early morning. The quick response I got, for this post, made me think more.
Also, even NaBloPoMo suggests that we publish during the early part of the day.
Many a times, I have wondered and felt, and seen for real, that those blog posts which I schedule for publish at early morning hours, does get good response and that too quickly.
So, here’s the amateur’s (of course, its ME) guide to get the quick response to your blog post :
1. The first and most important recommendation is that – You should try to publish your post very early in the day.
- Then, all the Google Readers or any Reader or Feed in which ppl have subscribed to your URL, will get updated within a max of one hour’s time.
- It’s possible to catch those readers in the other side of the Globe, when they login one last time, before heading back home. Those ppl should probably be your first few readers. Isn’t this a great idea ???
- Then, by 9am, starts the flow of Indian readers, who login into their Readers at office, even before they sign their attendance registers. 😉
2. You can also choose a non-English title for your post – Try a title in your mother-tongue or Greek or Latin. This will make ppl more curious and they might opt to read your blog first among the list of blogs to read. Howzaat ????
3. Make sure you complement your blog with lots of pictures. Make it visually attractive, too. People who are in a hurry, might give a cursory glance to the writeup, but will surely see the lovely accompanying pics. They might even leave a simple comment as “Lovely pics”. It’s true. I swear it.
4. There are so many people out there, who search for popular Actors, Celebrities, Tourist Places, Food Dishes, Recipes and any parental topic, in Google / Bing or any search engine. So, try to include anyone of the above, in some way into your post. You can include comments by celebrities on the topic you are writing. Or ask the readers, what if such a celebrity gets stuck in such a situation – what will be the reaction ??
So you see, all the search results, might bring in more people and in effect more readers to your blog. Even now, the post I did about Rajnikanth, 2 months back, keeps getting me readers !!! 😉 See, I indirectly, linked this post to a Celebrity Actor !!! HA HA HA !!!! 😆
So, in effect, my strong suggestion is to – Catch the readers early !! This is possible if you publish by early morning.
Of course, for that, you should be ready with your post, by the previous day itself. Do the spell check, read and edit, check the preview to see if the pics are showing as per your needs – then schedule for a publishing time.
Come on, Go Ahead !! Follow this guide, if you want !!! Be sure to get more publicity as MNIK is getting now !!! 😉 😉
Edited to add :
My dear friends,
Had a hectic weekend, so was held up. I had scheduled this post for publishing, so didn’t change it. When I couldn’t login for 3 days and nights, after this post was published, it was torture for me.
I really wanted to connect with the blogoworld, irrespective of the readership in my blogs. It was only a different view on the blogs and readership activities.
I certainly blabber my thoughts and my ideas, in these pages of mine. Its what I want to write, that makes a difference to me.
I’ve collated those points, from my observation, nothing more than that.
So, lets write our mind and be happy with that !!! 🙂
Thank you so much, to everyone, who have shared their thoughts with me. 🙂