Buying a Gadget, some 10 years back was like this :
– You buy a TV / Fridge / Washing Machine / AC / Telephone. You have a specified warranty period.
– After that period, if you have any complaint, you can contact the service centre that is available in the city – and this info is provided in the warranty card given to us.
– The service centre is a wonderful place where you get to talk with the technician or the service manager, with no intermediate ppl.
– The service is handled very well, within the specified time by the technician.
– In case of any part being not available, you can call the service centre directly and ask for clarification.
– Service was quick and each customer was asked relevant questions regarding the malfunction of the product, which helped them to solve the problem easily.
THOSE WERE DAYS OF HEAVEN !!!!!
– You buy some gadget – add to the list Internet Connection, Mobiles, Mobile Service Provider, Microwave Oven, Camera and many more for which I need a separate post.
– Now, after the warranty period, starts your big time trouble.
– If the product is working fine, then you are blessed.
– If there is any problem, you have to call one TOLL-FREE number. Becos, it says the calling costs are not there, ppl were so happy to use it.
– The company stopped providing with the individual service centres’ details and made sure all calls are through this Toll-free number.
– The entry ticket to hell, starts at this CALL-CENTRE where those CALL CENTRE EXECUTIVES take your call – and mind you, you can never talk to the same person again, even if you call a hundred times. You can only wonder – “Where is that sweet lady / man who guided me very well, last time I called ???”
– When you first make a call, it is understandable to get all my details – Name, Address, Landline, Mobile, Mail ID. But is it necessary to repeat the same every time you call the Call Centre ?????
– The details of the complaint is taken down, I believe. But alas, God knows better.
– Invariably all the details are not filled in properly, as the Call Center Executive is not technically qualified to understand the nature of the problem and write down details properly.
– Then the details are sent to the wrong service centre – as they dont know the geographical location of my home and the city I am living in. The Call Centre need not be in my city of residence.
– Then the service centre calls me and tells that this service query had been sent to them wrongly and that they cannot forward the same to the service centre near my home. So, off goes the service complaint back to the Call Centre.
– Its two days, now with no Service, no calls.
– When I call up the Call Centre again, I am asked to tell my reference number for the complaint. When the number is unique to my complaint, why do they want to verbally say all my details starting with my name to my address and my email ID, again and again to me ????? I’ve told them bluntly so many times, that I know all those details – they are mine – just get to the point – what happened to my service complaint.
– But Alas, the query will fall on deaf ears. Those Call Centre Executives will do it the way they are told to. It’s so dumb.
– If I start asking too many questions, which they are not able to answer, I am asked one simple question – “CAN YOU PL HOLD THE CALL ??? I’LL GET BACK TO YOU ONCE I SPEAK WITH MY SUPERVISOR ???” And I’ll be made to wait forever.
– So, the companies are thinking that they are helping the customers by opening Call Centres to take service complaints. But actually the customers are so bugged with the way, the Call Centres work.
– So, after the Call Centres have been formed, the service has taken a back seat. It’s high time, the companies realise their problems related to their Call Centres and make them more efficient and better, for a loyal customer following. I hope somebody listens to these complaints.