Fridays, at my Yoga class, are dedicated to meditation and today was no exception. Oh ! I love the part where you can really concentrate on the breathing and keep away the thoughts. It’s guaranteed to bring in peace to the mind and totally relax the body.
And while I was concentrating on my breathing, suddenly I felt that my left eye was twitching.
Now, since the time I was born, so many dos and donts have been ingrained into my mind that now, after learning that so many of them were totally silly stuff, I am still unable to let go of those.
For example, left eye twitching, is supposedly a lucky thing for women, while its the right eye for men. After googling, I came to understand that the eye twitching is an involuntary eyelid muscle contraction.
Has this understanding changed my superstition, about the twitching eye ??? No, Never.
Even today, whenever my eye twitches, the following is my course of thought :
- Hurriedly check whether it is the left eye or the right one.
- If it is right one, discard the thought process. Thank God, somebody didnt tell me that right eye twitching is unlucky for women. I would have gone through hell.
- If it is the left eye, I consider myself lucky. The scientific explanation comes to my mind – “it is an involuntary eyelid muscle contraction”. To hell with the scientific discovery. What’s wrong in thinking that something good is going to come out of something as silly as a twitching eye ????
- Then I start looking at things with a new perspective, trying to believe that something lucky / good is going to happen to me.
- The twitching left eye, made my day.
Am I alone in this superstitious eye twitching belief or do any one of you share it with me ?????